DNS Realty Group
Premier Boutique Real Estate Brokerage
Residential | Commercial
Tips For Selecting The Perfect Real Estate Agent
Did you ever wish you had a crystal ball to assist you with your decision-making in hiring the best Real Estate Agent for purchasing or listing your home? Whether you are the buyer or the seller; below are great tips on locating the perfect Agent that will work for you! Remember, you will be spending the next 6 months, working side-by-side.
- Talk with recent clients.
Good referrals are gold in the customer service industry!
- Look up the agent licensing record on their state board.
Make sure the Agent is in good standing.
- Select an Agent with the right credentials.
Certifications ensure the Real Estate Agent has a full, professional understanding of the area of Real Estate you will be working in. For example:
• CRS (Certified Residential Specialist): Completed additional training in handling residential real estate.
• ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative): Completed additional education in representing buyers in a transaction.
• SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist): Completed training aimed at helping buyers and sellers in the 50-plus age range.
- Look at their current listings.
How long have they been on the market. Does it appear the Agent is moving Real Estate quickly?
- Ask about other homes for sale nearby.
A good Real Estate Agent will know about other area properties that are available, off the top of their head.
Now it's your turn. Interview a few Agents. Mention a home in your area that has recently sold or is currently for sale. If the agent knows the property and can give you vast detail; that usually means he/she knows their market.
At the end of the day, you want to make certain you are working with a Real Estate Agent, who is on top of their game.
MD Broker License Number: 603140
VA Firm License Number: 0226-024372
Maryland Office Address: 3261 Old Washington Road Suite 2020, Waldorf, MD 20602
Virginia Office Address: 5680 King Centre Drive, Suite 600, Alexandria, VA 22315